Redskin peanuts are one with the red skin still on them. This red skin is between the outer shell and the peanut and it is full of nutrients. For our Redskin Peanuts, we have left this skin intact so you can enjoy all of the added benefits of them. At the end of the process, we are left with the same peanuts but there is a different taste experience for you. They contain a lot of flavor, making them the perfect snack no matter where you are.
Benefits of the Red Skin
Whether you are someone who likes to eat peanuts with or without the skin in place, you will still get a lot of nutritional value from the snack. However, when you eat the skin, there is some added nutrition that you can benefit from if you do start eating the skins with the peanuts. These are just some of the nutrients contained in the red skin:
- 17% oil - This natural oil is great for your body and can help keep you healthy. It supports healthy skin, hair and nails. It also helps to boost immunity.
- Fatty acids - Fatty acids are good for brain development, regulating blood pressure, and helping to strengthen the immune system.
- High in fiber - Fiber is great for your body because it helps keep you regular. It can also lower cholesterol levels and help in controlling blood sugar levels. It has also shown to help with losing weight.
- Contains reservatrol - This is the same antioxidant that is in red wine. It is antimicrobial and has shown to lower blood sugar. It may even be a key component to fighting cancer.
- Added antioxidants - A study in 2009 has shown that peanuts that have been roasted with the skin have an increased amount of antioxidants.
If you are looking to really get the most out of the red skins on our Spanish peanuts, you have to eat the peanut as is. Traditionally, the skins are not used when making peanut butter for a variety of reasons, meaning it is always best to eat the peanuts as is. We have a large variety of peanuts available and our Redskin Peanuts will provide you with a great taste profile as well as health benefits. Be sure to try some today and include them in your daily snack routine.
Our Redskin Virginia Peanuts are OU Kosher Certified and Non-GMO Project Verified. They are available in a variety of sizes for your personal enjoyment or gift-giving needs.