May 5, 2020
We are happy to announce The Peanut Patch gift shop has re-opened, effective today, May 5th. We plan to be open Tuesday through Saturday from 10am to 5pm. We will continue to sanitize throughout the day and ask that customers wear a mask while shopping. We have changed our floor plan so that we can maintain social distancing and will monitor the number of customers in the store to remaian 8 or under. We truly appreciate your understanding as we get through this challenging time together. We will continue to have curbside service as well. You can call us at 757-653-2028 or message us on Facebook. We look forward to seeing you!
March 29, 2020
Effective March 26, 2020 and until further notice, UPS has suspended the UPS Service Guarantee for all shipments to any destination, at all service levels. This means that packages may take longer to deliver and that Expedited Services such as 3 Day Select, Second Day Air and Next Day Air do not have any guarantees. Your shipping charges will not be refunded if the package is not delivered as expected. Also, please check to see if the recipient's location is open, since business hours may have changed due to local restrictions. If the location is closed, UPS will hold the package and attempt to complete the delivery at a later date if the receiving location has indicated to UPS that it will reopen within 9 days. However, if the location is closed indefinitely, UPS will return the package to the sender.
March 22, 2020
We are all aware of the ongoing issues with the COVID-19 coronavirus and the challenges it has created. All of us at FERIDIES /The Peanut Patch gift shop have closely monitored the situation and have taken all necessary steps to protect the health of our customers and employees. However, effective Sunday March 22, 2020 at 5:00PM, the Peanut Patch gift shop will be closed until further notice.
Our FERIDIES plant will remain open and operational for processing and shipping. Please call 866-732-6883 if you would like to order peanuts, hams or cakes to be shipped or visit us at feridies.com.
We thank you for being a loyal customer and we appreciate your understanding as we all work through this difficult time. We are proud to serve you and hope that we will be seeing you again soon.
March 16, 2020
Today, we're joining with you in fighting a challenge that affects every family in the world. Our goal is, and always will be, to provide a safe environment for our customers, employees, and communities. We are monitoring the situation very closely, through updates from the Centers for Disease Control, The World Health Organization and The State of Virginia. We understand that this issue is of deep concern for everyone. We will continue to abide by our core value of doing what's right no matter what, and will maintain the well-being of our employees and customers as a top priority.
The Peanut Patch Gift shop, our FERIDIES® online catalog and our FERIDIES® wholesale division will remain open at this time.
Below are the steps we have implemented as proactive tactics to help in the fight:
1) We are working with employees to minimize their exposure to disease.
2) Our shipping and delivery time frames remain normal. We will certainly inform you if that changes at any point.
3) The hours for The Peanut Patch gift shop have changed to 10:00 am - 5:00pm Mon - Sat and 1:00pm-5:00pm Sunday.
4) Spring Fling scheduled at The Peanut Patch Gift Shop for March 21 has been CANCELLED.
5) All sampling of product at The Peanut Patch Gift Shop has been discontinued.
6) We have added additional safety measures to our standard sanitation practices at The Peanut Patch Gift Shop. This includes cleaning commonly touched surface areas on a more frequent basis including all door handles, bathroom facilities, counter tops, keyboards and commonly touched areas.
7) Hand sanitizer is available on our counter and in the restrooms at The Peanut Patch Gift Shop.
8) Employees are wearing gloves to handle money at The Peanut Patch Gift Shop.
9) FERIDIES manufacturing facility continues to operate and ship orders direct to consumers and our retail customers. Additional cleaning procedures have been implemented as well. We are an AIB audited facility with a superior rating and follow all FDA requirements.
10) We have eliminated non-essential business travel for our staff.
11) We have eliminated any non-essential outside visitation to our manufacturing facility.
This is an evolving situation happening at a dizzying pace, but we're committed to keeping a close eye on the situation and following the insight from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO). Changes to our policies will be communicated through social media, email and this page.
We stand with you and your family in stopping the spread of this virus. This too shall pass. We will get through this, together.
The Riddick, Fries and Shaffer Families