The almond that we think of as a nut is technically the seed of the fruit of the almond tree, a glorious medium-size tree that bears fragrant pink and white flowers. Like its cousins, the peach, cherry and apricot trees, the almond tree bears fruits with stone-like seeds (or pits) within. The seed of the almond fruit is what we refer to as the almond nut. Almonds are off-white in color, covered by a thin brownish skin, and encased in a hard shell. Almonds are classified into two categories: sweet and bitter. Sweet almonds are the type that is eaten. They are oval in shape, usually malleable in texture and wonderfully buttery in taste. FERIDIES offers whole, shelled almonds with their skin that have been gently roasted in peanut oil and lightly salted. Almonds are known as the most nutrient dense tree nut and are considered to be the world's healthiest specialty crop. FERIDIES® almonds are OU Kosher Certified and Non-GMO Project Verified.
Almonds are used as a snack and can be used in a variety of recipes as well. They are a very popular choice for many people not just because of their flavor but also because of the health benefits associated with them. These are just a few of the health benefits of our lightly salted almonds:
• They are good for your heart. Studies have shown that people who eat nuts, including almonds, at least five times per week have a 50 percent reduction in heart attack risk.
• They lower your bad cholesterol. They can lower your LDL cholesterol while making sure the good cholesterol in your body is maintained. To gain this benefit, you need to eat one to two handfuls of almonds per day.
• They can protect your artery walls. If you eat almonds with the skins, you get to enjoy the benefits of the flavonoids. These work with vitamin E in your body and can help protect your artery walls from damage and also reduce the risk of a heart attack at the same time.
• They can help keep bones and teeth strong. Almonds have phosphorus in them that can help make sure that your bones and teeth are healthy.
• They can help you lose weight. Because they are high in fiber and protein, they can help curb hunger so you will end up eating less than if you were to not include them in your diet. They also have a lot of nutrients that are hard for the body to break down so your body has to work even harder to accomplish that which results in higher calorie usage. They can even slightly boost your metabolism.
If you are looking for the perfect snack, look no further than our roasted almonds. They are a delicious option and they also have a lot of health benefits for you to enjoy.